The Ministry of Education and Sports (MoES) –partner in this project– aims to bring a good solution to the specific need of raising the competences of in-service teachers at the non-tertiary education level by asking Albanian universities
to contribute to build a high quality Vocational Education and Training (VET) system for teachers by means of transforming themselves into main providers of ongoing professional development of teachers. The project aims to develop reforms to the teaching profession at the non-tertiary education level for in-service training for teachers by designing, implementing and monitoring a comprehensive lifelong learning (LLL) Teacher Training System in which Albanian universities will be the main providers by the creation of LLL Centers guaranteeing the sustainability of the project. This aim offers something new to the existing situation since it puts universities as main providers of LLL training for teachers within a structured framework of a VET system.
he key output of the project is the establishment of a LLL Teacher Training System at the Ministry level by: Designing and implementation of training courses for improving teaching and learning competences for in-service teachers aligned with the UE and MoES strategy. Establishment of LLL Centers in Albanian universities. Creation of the Albanian Network of LLL Centers for Teacher Training (NCTT).Training of teacher educators from academic staff of Albanian universities who will be the trainers of in-service teachers.Establishment of MoES registration database and accreditation system.Formal process for registering, accreditation and follow up of teacher training programs, with the recognition of MoES.
- Coordinator of the Project:
- Co-Coordinator of the Project:
- University of Turku, Finland,
- Danube University Krems, Austria,
- Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport, Albania,
- Sports University of Tirana VojoKushi, Albania,
- University of Durres AleksanderMoisiu, Albania,
- University of Elbasan “AleksanderXhuvani”, Albania,
- University of GjirokastraEqremCabej, Albania,
- University of Korça Fan. S. Noli, Albania,
- University of ShkodraLuigjGurakuqi, Albania,
- University of Vlora Ismail Qemali,
For further information regarding the project and activities, please click on the link : https://teavet.org/